For 5 Shelby County prep teams — it's on to the playoffs!
The 2020 prep football regular season is history but that does not mean there won't be plenty of high school grid iron action for Shelby County fans following their favorite team.
All five high schools in the county are advancing to playoff action this week. While the Tenaha Tigers have a home game on Friday night at Raymond Jackson Stadium, the other four teams will see action on Thursday evening.
The Shelbyville Dragons are scheduled to play Beckville in Tyler; the undefeated Timpson Bears play Frankston in Henderson; Joaquin plays Carlisle in Tatum; and, the Center Roughriders travel to Madisonville where they will play Waco Connally.
Here's the rundown on Shelby County teams playing in the first round of playoffs:
• Shelbyville Dragons play Beckville in the Bi-District Championship set for a 7 p.m., Nov. 12 kickoff at Christus Mother Frances Rose Stadium in Tyler.
All tickets must be purchased online. Adult tickets are $6 and student $4.
To purchase tickets, go to https://tylersports.rankonesport.com/Website/Main
Choose tickets and then playoff tickets and the Shelbyville v. Beckville game will come up. No tickets will be printed. Ticket purchasers will be required to sign into their account and show their ticket on their mobile device at the gate.
If you have not purchased your ticket ahead of time, you may go to the gate and purchase a ticket, but you must have a mobile device and a credit card to do so.
Shelbyville fans will be visitors and will enter through Gate 7.
All fans 10 years of age or older are expected to wear a face covering for admittance and practice social distancing while at the game.
• The Joaquin Rams play Carlisle in their Bi-District playoff game in Tatum on Thursday, Nov. 12 with a 7 p.m. kickoff. Ticket information tickets were available at the Joaquin Administration Office starting Monday, Nov. 9. The band will be traveling for this game.
Tickets are $5 each and everyone entering the gate, regardless of age, must present a ticket. Tickets will be sold according to the guidelines listed in the table below. There are 750 tickets available for this contest.
• The Center Roughriders play Waco Connally in Bi-District action with a 7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 12 kickoff in Madisonville. There are 700 tickets available and Center will be the visiting team.
To purchase, use code: Roughriders2020, and go to this link: https://www.madisonvillecisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=129355&type=d&pREC_ID=2052438
• The District 11-2A District Champion Tenaha Tigers are scheduled to play Burkeville Mustangs at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 12, in Bi-District playoffs.
Tenaha won the coin toss and will host the game at Raymond Jackson Stadium – The Pit. Tickets are all presale and go on sales Tuesday, Nov. 10.
All tickets are $5 with Tenaha ISD honoring parking passes but not season passes for the playoff game. Officials said COVID rules remain in place.
• The Timpson Bears will play Frankston Thursday in Henderson on Thursday, Nov. 12 with a 7:30 p.m kickoff.
Timpson is the home team and tickets (vouchers) will be distributed.
TUESDAY- THURSDAY Morning - GENERAL PUBLIC 7:00 - 9:00 AM and 5:00 - 7:00 PM.
Tickets will be paid at the gate. $5 Timpson will enter the HOME side gate. 2 tickets / person - No Repeat Customers
Timpson has been allotted 1,800 tickets.