NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF TIMPSON, July 23
Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 23rd day of July, 2018 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
Workshop presented by Goodwin-Lasiter to discuss options for the CDBG Water Improvement Project. On July 17th, the City of Timpson received two (2) bids for this project from AAA Sanitation and Duplichain Contractors. The Base bid was for Water Plant improvements including foundation, aerator, support tower, transfer tank, transfer pump connections, piping and related electrical and control work; Additive #1 bid for insulating all above ground piping and Additive #2 for replacing filter media in both filters. AAA Sanitation bid: $283,000 Base bid, Additive bid #1: $12,000 and Additive bid #2: $40,000-Totalling $335,000. Duplichain Contractors Base bid: $226,380, Additive bid #1: $6,250 and Additive bid #2: $43,900-Totalling $276,530. NOTE: Construction amount in Grant $204,000.00
- Discuss and take action: Consider accepting the Base bid for the CDBG Water Improvement Project from either AAA Sanitation or Duplichain
- Discuss and take action: Consider accepting the bid for Additives #1 with the company selected in Agenda Item 1.
- Discuss and take action: Consider accepting the bid for Additive #2 with the company selected in Agenda Item 1.
- Discuss and take action: Consider having GLS revisit the project to see if anything could be changed to lower the costs and then go out for new bids.
- Discuss and take action: Funding of the City’s contribution if a bid for the project is approved in Item 1, 2, and or 3.