Timpson City Council Meeting, June 19
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 19th day of June, 2018 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
- Call to Order:
- Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge: Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance
to thee, Texas, one state, under God, one, and indivisible.
- Chamber of Commerce: Frontier Days will be July 5th, 6th, 7th and Community
Church on the 8th.
- Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the
agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted
to these reports.
- Presentations & Recognition: 6/13/18 Larry Burns celebrated his 24th year
with the City of Timpson.
- Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City
Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not
listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form
may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of May 2018, there were 44 citations
citations issued, 47 violations, 0 to juveniles and 1 to minors.
Total amount reported $13,504.88, the city’s portion at 55% is $7,427.68.
D. City Secretary: Budget Meetings have been set: July 10th-Water Budget Meeting,
July 24th-Electric Budget Meeting, July 31st-General Budget Meeting, August 6th-
EDC Budget Meeting, Preliminary Budget at the August 21st Council Meeting and
adopt the Final Budget at the September 18th Meeting. All meetings will be at City
Hall at 3:00 pm. Any Council Members interested in attending must notify the City
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no
Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the
City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the
Minutes of this meeting.
- Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on May 15th, 2018
- Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of May, 2018
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for May, 2018
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10-13)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Take Patrick Hendrick off the signature card
at Austin Bank for the two Fire Department Accounts Checking 4636221 and
the Now Acct (Savings) 4636114. He is no longer the Fire Chief and no one else
will be added due to the potential yearly changes in the selection of Chief.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Repair a section of Timpson Street with 24 foot
60” RCP culvert. Two bids received, Angelina Excavating for $11,709.00 and
Duplichain for $7,500.00.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Sign Contract with OTX Oil & Gas for the lease
33.74 acres at $350.00 per acre for Survey William Gainer A-255, location is the