Timpson High School Band Earns Sweepstakes
On Wednesday, April 18 the Timpson High School Band performed at the UIL Region 21 Concert and Sightreading Contest held at Bullard High School. The band earned a first division rating from all six judges at the contest! Combined with the first division the band received at marching contest in October, the Timpson Band earned the UIL Sweepstakes Award!
Some of the concert judges’ comments were as follows:
- Outstanding technical performance- bravo!
- Low voices… yes!
- Very nice, well-balanced sounds that are difficult to produce, playing as aggressive as you play.
- Mature, impressive tone qualities.
- Meticulous attention to style!
- Great clarinet tone quality!
- So well-planned, controlled, and performed. Wow!
- So nice to hear the evidence of great teaching and learning!
- Excellent ensemble sound throughout the band!!
- Great use of dynamics. Excellent phrasing and shaping!
- Wow! So many strong confident sounds!
- Great balance and pitch center throughout!
- This was a very musical performance. I like your confidence!
- Hard work at home results in great performances in public and this was a great one!
The Timpson Band is directed by Rhonda Daniel and John Dupnik. Both directors are very proud of the students’ hard work during this school year, and look forward to keeping the Bear Band traditions alive in the future. Thanks to all of the parents, band boosters, and the faculty and staff of Timpson ISD for supporting this band program!