Ninth Annual Toledo Bend Sand Bass Tournament, March 17
The Logansport Sand Bass Tournament is an annual event held on the Sabine River at the head of Toledo Bend Reservoir on the Louisiana / Texas state line. Each year beginning sometime in February and continuing into the spring months, the Sand Bass (or White Bass) begin their annual spawning run up the river.
It's this annual event that brings anglers of all ages and walks of life to Logansport in an attempt to entice this hard-fighting fish to take their bait. And a fancy boat isn't a requirement to enjoy the fishing. On any given day you'll find people along the riverfront sitting in chairs, on ice-chests and at the seawall casting lines with hopes of hooking that “Big One”. But, of course, there are always countless boats on the river with that exact same goal in mind.
It's from this yearning to catch the Sand Bass from the waters of the Sabine that the Annual Sand Bass Tournament began. Over the years, the tournament has not only grown by attracting teams from North Louisiana and East Texas, but also many teams from far beyond. Come join in on the excitement!
Entry forms are located below.
Ninth Annual Toledo Bend Sand Bass Tournament Rules March 17, 2018
- Any Contestant who displays poor sportsmanship or violates any local, state or federal law is subject to disqualification. All fishermen are subject to a polygraph test.
- Safe boat conduct must be observed at all times. Coast Guard approved life jackets must be worn anytime outboard motor is on plane. Drunkenness on the part of any contestant will not be tolerated.
- Artificial and live bait may be used. Only rod and reel outfits are permitted. Trolling will be allowed.
- Scoring will be based on the weight in pounds and in hundredths. Fish will be measured on a flat board. Fish must be 10 inches or longer to be weighed. Fish presented less than 10 inches will be disqualified. Only five fish per team will be weighed. All decisions made by the judges are final.
- No fishing before 6 AM. All contestants must be checked in and in the weigh in line by 2 PM. No exceptions.
- Contestants may trailer boats to any landing on Toledo Bend or the Sabine River, but the fishing hours and weigh in time must be observed. Fishing in the tournament is allowed on the banks.
- In case of ties, both places shall be combined and shared equally. In case there is a tie for first place, the winner will be determined by a two-hour fish off unless both teams agree to a coin toss. The loser will get second place.
- No more than two registered fishermen per boat.
- Complaints and protests must be submitted in writing and turned in to the tournament committee during the weigh in. All decisions rendered by the committee are final.
- A team is not permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards, without permission, to another team that is tied, anchored or fishing a shoreline. Identification will be given to each team and must be visible on the boat.
- Other Sixteen years or younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times during the tournament. The Committee Reserves the right to disapprove or disqualify any application.
- The Shelby County Bass Anglers, The Logansport Chamber of Commerce Inc., the Town of Joaquin, Texas nor any of their Boards of Directors will be held responsible for any accidents.
- Team Numbers must be obtained from the Shelby County Bass Anglers upon entry. Entries will be called by Tournament Committee if entry is mailed in. However, it is your responsibility to know this number in case asked. No one will be allowed to weigh without their team number.
Prizes and Payout
1st Place – Alumacraft 16’ Crappie Deluxe Boat, Yamaha 25 Horse Power Motor, Diamond City
Galvanized Trailer, Minnkota 45 Lb. thrust 12Volt trolling motor.
Additional payouts will be determined by number of entries at (1) place for every (7) entries.
Late Sign Up will be held on the Logansport River Front on Friday March 16th from 6:00-8:00 PM.