FIFTH ANNUAL HAPPENINGS AT SHELBYVILLE HILL
Shelbyville, Texas- The 6th annual Happenings at Shelbyville Hill Festival will be on Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Through the help and support of our title Sponsor Farmers State Bank and many other local businessness and residents, our festival will once again be a big success. Located in Shelbyville, Texas, the festival begins at 10:00 a.m. and lasts until 5:00 p.m. Festival music will feature return engagements by The Blake Brothers Bluegrass Band and new this year is Shreveport band Bucket List, with their mixed rockabilly sounds and local band Zack Mason and the Jars playing popular favorites. We also welcome back local vocalist Vanita Sims for our opening ceremonies
Hosted by Shelbyville Lions Club, this admission-free, family-friendly event held in downtown Shelbyville features something for everyone –Classic Car Show, 42 and washer tournaments, a pumpkin patch and a childrens’s activity area. Festival-goers can meet and mingle with local talented artisans as they display work ranging from ceramics, wood, leather and metalwork to jewelry, mixed-media art, repurposed furntiure pieces plus much more. The festival will also include a variety of food booths, an old-fashioned cake walk, various raffles and “guess the weight” of the giant pumpkin!
To learn more about competition entry forms or booth sign ups visit https://www.facebook.com/ShelbyvilleTXLions or email us at Shelbyville.email@example.com You can also contact any Shelbyville Lions Club member, or call Carolyn Lamb 936.572.5003, Suzanne Walker 936.591.1655, Ginger Borders at 936-598-1120 or Josh Jones 936-572-1574
About Shelbyville Lions Club
The Shelbyville Lions Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit corporation established to impact communities with inspirational ideas through motivation and to awaken pride and purpose through creative action.
The goals and visions of the Shelbyville Lions Club are:
- To strive to implement the Lions Club International Mission Statement: To empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs.
- Identify and preserve the local heritage by protecting and embracing the historic imagery and working together with historians and multi-generational citizens
- Promote and foster local community pride and tourism though participation efforts with the arts, cultural and heritage related activities and events
- Advance and encourage economic development opportunities with local organizations and businesses
- Establish and create a local community facility to accommodate theatrical productions, festivals, workshops and to provide a meeting space for educational institutions and civic organizations
See you at the Hill!