Panola College Foundation Awards Grants to Faculty & Staff
On Wednesday, August 15 Panola College faculty returned to campus excited by a new year. The Panola County Chamber of Commerce welcomed faculty and staff with donuts, coffee and their own enthusiasm for the new semester.
After a brief welcome back by Dr. Billy Adams, Mrs. Brenda Giles, 2017-2018 Chair of the Panola College Foundation, was welcomed to the podium to announce the 2018 faculty and staff grant recipients.
Giles expressed the Panola College Foundation’s gratitude to all those who showed their support to Panola College over the years and then called the grant recipients forward to accept their award.
This year’s grant recipients include:
- Cristie Ferguson & Jody Harris from Library and Student Services, receiving a $1,000 grant for Kanopy, a new video streaming service for students and instruction.
- Emily Zabcik was awarded a field trip to Six Flags over Math for a total of $2,750.
- Jacky Andreatta received $2,473 to purchase aMarcPro and Evac-U Splint system for kinesiology and athletic training.
- Roberta Collinsworth was granted $500 to purchase math-based children literature for “Math for Teacher” courses.
- Eddie Kite and Grant McMillan received a joint grant of $5,000 for a shoot away gun for both women’s and men’s basketball.
- Amanda Clements will be purchasing $4,599 worth of art equipment to update the art labs.
- Dwaine Hubbard received 3 new amps for the band for a total of $1,000.
- Ginger Cook was awarded $6,200 to purchase 8 Yamaha P115-B pianos for the instrumental and vocal music department.
- Shay Joines received $700 to purchase a Canon Digital camera to record and archive events on campus.
- Sherri Baker was granted $2,000 to bring the Jacob A. Riis: How the Other Half Lives Exhibit to the Allison Art Gallery.
- Teresa Beasley and the humanities department received $1,500 to take students on a museum field trip this fall and spring.
- Betty Gruber received $2,782 to purchase new beds for the C.N.A. testing center in Marshall.
- Cheri Lambert and the OTA department were awarded $6,088 to take her students to attend the national OTA conference.
- Michael Pace with the School of Energy received a grant for $1,900 to provide fire extinguisher safety training to the energy program.
Information about how to make a gift to Panola College is available online at www.panola.edu/panola-foundation, or by calling 903-693-2029.
Photo Attached (L to R Back row): Panola College Foundation Board Members - Vicky Hudson, Ginger Borders, Brenda Giles (PC Foundation Chair), Patricia Smith, and Dr. John Ray. Recipients: Grant McMillan, Eddie Kite, Roberta Collinsworth, Jacky Andreatta, Sherri Baker, Jody Harris, Cheri Lambert, Cristie Ferguson, Betty Gruber, Michael Pace, Dwaine Hubbard, and Ginger Cook. (L to R Front row): Emily Zabcik, Amanda Clements, Teresa Beasley, and Shay Joines