Timpson City Council Meeting, July 17
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 17th day of July, 2018 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
- Call to Order:
- Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge: Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance
to thee, Texas, one state, under God, one, and indivisible.
- Chamber of Commerce:
- Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the
agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted
to these reports.
- Presentations & Recognition: Charlotte Broadway will be celebrating a
birthday on August 12th.
- Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City
Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not
listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form
may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of May 2018, there were 57 citations
citations issued, 61 violations, 0 to juveniles and 1 to minors.
Total amount reported $7,180.27, the city’s portion at 55% is $3,949.15.
D. City Secretary: Upcoming Department Budget Meetings will be as follows:
July 24th -Electric Budget Meeting, July 31st-General Budget/PD Meeting, August
6th EDC Budget Meeting, Preliminary Budget at the August 21st Council Meeting
and adopt the Final Budget at the September 18th Meeting. All meetings will be at
City Hall at 3:00 pm. Any Council Members interested in attending must notify the
City Secretary. The Water Budget Meeting was held last Tuesday.
The annual Back to School Event, sponsored by Timpson First Baptist Church
will be on August 16th from 4:30-6:00 pm at the Community Building in SoSo Park.
Kids (accompanied by an adult) will receive a backpack and school supplies. If you
would like to donate any supplies please contact Leslie at 254-2421 or Bro Dee at
On August 4th there will be a trash dumpster on RR Ave beside City Hall. It will
be available from 6am until it reaches capacity, so come early. There will also be a
recycle dumpster from August 4-10th located by the gazebo on the square.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no
Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the
City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the
Minutes of this meeting.
- Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on June 19th, 2018
- Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of June, 2018
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for June, 2018
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10-18)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Close the Parks Account 2800016384 and move
the balance ($1,738.38) to General Checking 953653, Parks and Community
accounting to be maintained thru QuickBooks.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Close the Crime Stoppers Account and move the
balance ($1763.53) to Police Donations Acct 2800015741. Funds will not be
designated Crime Stoppers but will be used by PD as needed.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Move the monthly 5% Garbage discount to the
Streets Account 2800017028. These funds have been going into General Savings but
the Street Account is a specific General Account for street repair and expenditures.
The total discount each month is approximately $550.00.
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Create the following 6 Signatory Resolutions of
Authority for Austin Bank Accounts at the request of the bank.
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Approve a Resolution that the Minutes and 2
Signatures are required to OPEN or CLOSE Municipal Bank Account at Austin or
Texas State Bank.
15. Discuss and possibly take action: CD 2800233028 with a balance of $84,308.83
Electric Utility Funds were renewed into a 60 month CD at the maturity date with the
stipulation there would be no fee charged. The Council can decide to change the
terms or to close this Account and move to the Electric Super Savings Account
958777. The interest rate on a CD for 130 months (5 yr) is 1.75%, 36 month (3 yr) is
1.75%, 24 month (2 yr) is 1.55% and 1.65% on our current Electric Super Savings
16. Discuss and possibly take action: Set a date to adopt the preliminary Budgets for
Water/Sewer, General and Electric Departments for 2018-2019. (Deadline for the
proposed budgets must be filed with the Municipal Clerk, Leslie Leathers at least 30
days PRIOR to adopting the City Tax Rate and 2018-19 Final Budget. Final Budget
has to be adopted prior to September 30th.)
17. Discuss and possibly take action: Review and possibly sign Contract with OTX Oil
& Gas for the lease 33.74 acres at $350.00 per acre for Survey William Gainer A-255,
location is the Sewer Plant.