Notice of regular meeting, The Board of Trustees Tenaha ISD, August 20
Tenaha ISD prepares for the new school year with Board of Trustees meeting to discuss tax rates, budgets, and local policies.
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees for Tenaha ISD is set to take place on Aug. 20. Items of interest to the public include the consideration for approval of the 2018 certified tax appraisal values, as well as a consideration for approval of the proposed 2018 tax rate. The board will also be considering the approval of public meetings to be held at a later time, to discuss the districts budget and proposed tax rate for this year, as well as to announce the 2017-18 FIRST ratings for Tenaha ISD.
Other items of interest include considerations to update local policies, changes to the 2018-19 student handbook, and a proposed resolution of a board approved credit by examination audit.
The agenda is listed below:
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Tenaha ISD will be held August 20, 2018, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the boardroom of the Administration office located at 138 College Street, Tenaha, Texas 75974.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may bew taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice. Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
1. Call to order - welcome
2. Public comment
3. Reports from administration
4. Consider for approval previous board minutes
5. District investment reports
6. Presentation of the District's 2018 Accountablility Report
7. Consider for approval the 2018 Certified Tax Appraisal Values
8. Consider for approval the proposed 2018 tax rate
9. Consider for approval calling a public hearing to discuss the 2018-2019 School Districts Budget and the 2018 Proposed Tax Rate (I & S; M & O) for September 4, 2018 at 5:15 p..m. and calling a regular meeting to set the 2018 Tax Rate at 5:30 p.m.
10. Consider for approval rescheduling the November 19, 2018 regular board meeting to November 12, 2018 and the January 21, 2019 regular meeting to January 28, 2019.
11. Consider for approval calling a public hearing to announce the 2017-2018 FIRST ratings based on the 2016-2017 school year data on September 17, 2018 at 5:15 p.m.
12. Consider for approval Policy Update 111 affecting local policies:
13. Consider for approval changes to the 2018 - 2019 Tenaha ISD Student Handbook.
14. Consider for approval resolution of Board-Approved Credit-by-Examination Audit Process
15. District employees and officers Texas Gov't Code 551.074 and/or Real Property Texas Code 551.072
16. Comments by Board Members