Four Shelby County high school girls basketball teams advance to playoffs
The 2018-2019 basketball season continues for four Shelby County high school girls' teams as they advance to the first round of bi-district playoff action.
Teams with playoff games set early the week of Feb. 10 are the Center High Lady Roughriders, Timpson Lady Bear, Shelbyville Lady Dragons and the Tenaha Lady Tigers.
• The Center Lady Roughriders and head coach Doug Boone head to Nacogdoches for a 6:30 p.m. Tuesday playoff game against Rusk at Nacogdoches High School gym, 4310 Appleby Sand Road.
• The Timpson Lady Bears will play their bi-district playoff game against Alto at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 11, at Central Heights.
• The Lady Dragons will face Cushing Bearcats in the first round of playoffs on Monday night at 6 p.m. in Nacogdoches High School, 4310 Appleby Sand Road.
• Tenaha’s Lady Tigers will also be making a playoff appearance against the Douglass Indians early next week - time and place TBA.
In other Shelby County sports action, these changes have been reported:
• Due to weather concerns, the Tenaha Boys and Girls Soccer Game scheduled in Westwood Friday are cancelled.
• The Tigers JV boys and varsity boys games against Garrison at home are still scheduled to beginning at 5 p.m. Friday.
• The Joaquin High School softball scrimmage scheduled for today (02/08/19) vs Groveton at home has been cancelled.
• The following Center High School scrimmages today have been cancelled. They will not be rescheduled: Baseball vs Kirbyville and Softball vs Marshall.
• Roughrider Varsity Game Covered Tonight — The Center Riders' district game in Center tonight will be broadcast by the Roughrider Radio Team on KQBB 100.5 fm. The broadcast starts at 7:00 with the Courtside Pregame Show. Special guests include senior Dylan Whittlesey and assistant Girls' Coach Stephen Hennigan. Then cheerleader Esther Mergerson is the special guest during the Abundant Love Ministries Halftime Show. The Varsity Boys need a win tonight to keep pace in the district race. --It starts at 7:00 on 100.5 fm or...
--Tune in on your desktop or laptop at cbc-radio.com. Or...
--Find us on your phones with the Tune In app. Download the app and enter KQBB.