Shelby County Commissioners Court Special Meeting, August 29
The Shelby County Commissioners Court will be meeting for a special session on Aug. 29 at 9:30 a.m. Items on the agenda for the meeting include a determination on whether to extend the current county wide burn ban, the possible approval and adoption of the Sheriff and Constable's fee for 2019, the adoption of county holidays for 2019, and the discussion and possible approval of new software and a signature pad for the Veterans Service Office.
Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 29th day of August, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
- Approve and pay weekly expenses.
- Public comments on Agenda items.
- Discuss and take action on current burn ban.
- Tax-Assessor-Collector to discuss and possibly take action to end or renew contract with Computer Information Concepts, and approve payment of $4,600.00 for renewal.
- Approve and adopt the Sheriff and Constable Fee for 2019 FY to be effective on January 1, 2019.
- Adopt County Holidays for 2019.
- Discuss and possibly approve the annual license for new software in the amount of $449.00 and a signature pad as required by the Texas Veterans Commission to benefit our Veterans Service Office. This software will allow online filing of claims. The software and signature pad will be purchased from the TVC’s vendor, VestraSpec.
- Discuss and possibly approve an air/heat unit for the sewing room at the AgriLife campus.
- Advertise for sealed bids for Janitorial services for the 2018-2019 FY.
- Pct. 1 to discuss transfer of maintainer from Pct. 4 in exchange for 20 loads of oil sand.
- Adopt the Commissioners’ Court dates for fiscal year 2018-2019 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month.