Save the Dates for Community Happenings!
Tuesday, March 29 - National Vietnam War Veterans Day
VFW Post 8904 will commemorate National Vietnam War Veterans Day, Tuesday, March 29, at the Veteran’s Memorial on the lawn of the Historic Shelby County Courthouse on the downtown square at 9 a.m. Signed into law by U.S. President Donald J. Trump, National Vietnam War Veterans Day designates the date Vietnam and Hanoi released the last of its acknowledged prisoners of war.
Friday, April 1 - Chamber Grill Fest
Sanctioned barbecue cook-off at the Shelby County Expo Center/Rodeo Arena. Registration fee for teams is $150 through March 18 and $200 after. Teams can register up until the day of the event. Registration forms and information at www.shelbycountychamber.com or the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce office or by calling 936-598-3682. Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, April 7 - Butterfly Release
Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center recognition of April as National Child Abuse Prevention Month. The event will take place on the downtown square starting at 4:30 p.m. Local florists will have blue ribbons available for purchase throughout the month of April in honor of National Child Abuse Prevention Month for anyone wishing to show support.
Friday, April 22 - Chamber Recycle Day
Shelby County Chamber of Commerce Electronic Recycle Day. Electronics only accepted at R&J Recycling and Disposal at 306 FM 2468 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Volunteers will help unload. For more information, please contact the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce at 936-598-3682 or email@example.com.
Friday, April 29 - Chamber Shred Day
Shelby County Chamber of Commerce Shred Day in front of the Chamber of Commerce office from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Bring documents that need to be shredded for security. For more information, please contact the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce at 936-598-3682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Alcoholics Anonymous - Drinking problem? We can help. Alcoholics Anonymous meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 1063 Southview Circle in Center, at 7 p.m.
Monthly - Third Monday
• Shelby County Veterans of Foreign War Post 8904 meets at the Post Home 617 Highway 96 North at 6:30 p.m. Prospective members welcome to sit in on the meeting. For more info call 936-332-0349.
Monthly – First Tuesday
• Christian Motorcyclists Association meets at T&R Steaks and More restaurant at 6:00 p.m. for greet, meet and eat. Business meeting from 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Monthly – Second Tuesday
• Shelby County Cruisers car club business meeting 6:30 p.m. at TR’s Steaks and More, 892 Hurst Street in Center.
Monthly – Third Tuesday
• Shelby County Cruisers car club cruise night 5:30 p.m. in Center varies location. Whataburger on Hurst Street or the Sonic on Tenaha Street.
Monthly – Third Saturday
• Piney Woods Photographic Society meets 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church fellowship hall. Next meeting March 19.
Monthly – Second and Fourth Monday
The Center City Council meets at 5 p.m. in the council chambers at city hall. Visitors welcomed.
Monthly –Commissioners CourtThe Shelby County Commissioners Court meets Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the Shelby County Courthouse.