The City Council of Joaquin: Regular Session Tuesday Feb. 23
CITY OF JOAQUIN
REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING
February 19, 2021
The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday, February 23, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m. The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas and via facebook live https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010140665244 and video conference at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87536243606?pwd=WThwR0poVnVMWFZHajJBZTVPN3Zrdz09
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance. Council approval of the previous month’s minutes.
3. Monthly Reports:
1. a. Utility Billing Manager Report - Monthly receipts
2. b. Public Works Manager - Update – Sewer, Water, & Gas
4. Discussion & Council Action on Payment of Bills.
5. Discussion and possible action on a Resolution of the City of Joaquin opposing the permitting of High Roller Wells, LLC, Allison SWD #1 ( API- #42-365-38597) and Allison SWD #2 (API 42-365-38598) Panola County Texas and Safefill Waste, LLC Diposal Pits. (Charles Spears)
6. Discussion and Council Action on teacher’s fund
7. Discussion and Council Action on City Roads
8. Discussion and Council Action on hiring outside help
9. Discussion and Council Action on help with utility bills
10. Council will hold a closed Executive Session Meeting
Personnel Matters (551.074).
11. Council reconvenes & possible action on matters discussed in executive session.
12. Discussion and/or action for the City office to be a FedEx and UPS drop off site.
13. Discuss and take action on checking all Fire Hydrants for repairs (painting, maintenance , and ect.) and do a pressure check on all fire hydrant
14. Closing Statements.
IF during the course of the of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed session, the Council will convene in executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.
Posted by Jessica Davis on February 19, 2021
The following were notified: Shelby County Today, Center Broadcasting, The Light and Champion, and East Texas Press.
William Baker is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: My Meeting
Time: Feb 23, 2021 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 875 3624 3606
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,87536243606#,,,,*915510# US (Houston)
+12532158782,,87536243606#,,,,*915510# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 875 3624 3606
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kNJXFril4